Ingredients - number of portions - 8
|ready-made shortcrust pastry
Nutrition and allergens
Minerals: Ca, Co, Cr, Cu, F, Fe, I, K, Mg, Mn, Na, P, Se, Zn
Vitamins: A, B, C, D, E, K, Kyselina listová
|Nutritional value of one portion
*clean copper coin 1kg
1. In a saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the granulated sugar in 200ml water and reduce to a syrup.
3. Set the oven on steam at 75°C.
4. Pack the fennel and syrup in a sous-vide bag.
5. Steam for 20 minutes or until the fennel softens.
6. Remove the fennel and allow to drip.
7. Set the oven on dry heat at 120°C.
8. Spread out the fennel in an ovenproof GN dish and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Set the oven on dry heat at 170°C.
10. Roll out the dough and line onto an ovenproof greased GN dish.
11. Cover the dough with damp baking paper.
12. Transfer the coins into the dish and spread them out so that all the baking paper is covered.
13. Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough hardens.
14. Remove the coins and baking paper and bake for another 7 minutes.
15. Meanwhile, prepare the filling by whisking the cream, caster sugar, 35g egg yolk
and egg mix in a baine marie or on very low heat.
16. When the sweet crust base is almost ready, lower the oven heat to 120°C.
17. While the base is still hot, pour in the filling and carry on baking for another 10 minutes
or until the filling has cooked to a smooth texture, before it scrambles.
18. Line the top of the torte with the sliced thinly lengthwise fennel, dust over the Demerera sugar and caramelise with a blowtorch before serving.